17 Oct 2024 08:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Dec 2007 14:25:32
Message: <475c412c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:58:27 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> That said, I bloody well hope Darren isn't looking for "proof", just
> evidence. ***Any*** evidence, that doesn't add unneeded complications,

Some would say (and have said to me in this debate in the past) that the
evidence is all around us.  That the creation of humans is so remotely
unlikely that it must have taken a creator.  (The common statement made
is "does not a watch imply a watchmaker?").  To that way of thinking, the
fact that we're here to question the existence of God is sufficient
evidence that there is a God, because the chances of anything existing
that could do so are mind-numbingly remote.

Not saying I agree with that idea, but that's the counter argument that
I've run into in the past myself.

Jim