POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere : Re: It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Dec 2007 14:19:13
Message: <475c3fb1$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:20:07 -0500, Leef_me wrote:

>> On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 20:35:03 -0800, Charles C wrote:
>>
>> > OK correction from my earlier post - it looks like *I* am in another
>> > state from my own.  Not just a few minutes away, but several hours.
>> > Charles
>>
>> LOL, maybe that's my problem, too!
>>
>> Jim
>
> Wow, It seems that I'm near Portland, Oregon (U.S.) I don't recall how I
> got there/here.
>
> I hope the missus isn't going to be too miffed that I'm late for dinner.
>
> I wonder if I can get home in 45 minutes? It usually take me at least
> 25.
>
> Leef_me

ISTR that when I'm in the office, the internet connection there
identifies as being in San Jose; so if I work in San Jose and live in
Denver, that's one heck of a commute, even twice a week.

Granted, my boss lives in Toronto and commutes in once or twice a month
(for a week) to Provo, UT, and her boss lives in Sarasota, FL and does
the same, so relatively speaking, I'm not traveling as far, but it sure
doesn't feel like the distance between San Jose and Denver that two times
a week.  Covering that distance in 45 minutes is pretty impressive -
especially considering that I drive and I've never received a ticket for
speeding on that drive...

(Doesn't mean I don't 'drive with traffic' which is usually 80 MPH)

Jim