POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? : Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Dec 2007 13:24:07
Message: <475c32c7@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> It sounded like the plaintive wails of
> neglected children, about 3 in the place.

I had a similar experience once, and after about 3 minutes the thought
"gas arrow" went thru my head.  At that point, I knew I'd been playing
Thief too much.

Incidentally, in the US, it's often cheaper to eat out at an inexpensive
restaurant (like pizza of McD) than to buy fresh food to prepare at
home. That's why poor people get fat here.

> geographic concentrations of actual indifference to babies' well-being?

I don't know that a wailing baby is suffering from lack of well-being,
let alone indifference from the parents.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it