POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? : Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 9 Dec 2007 12:32:15
Message: <475c269f@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>...at a pizza restaurant that is on an eight-lane highway full of
> stoplights, in an ugly place with about a mile of concrete for shopping
> malls on either side of the road...

Babies have much more sensitive hearing than adults.  I'd be inclined to
wonder if they were picking up on obnoxious sounds that you or I might
not be able to hear.  And don't forget that one crying baby can trigger
every baby for miles around to join in.

I would also expect there to be considerable randomness in the number of
babies in the restaurant on that particular day, the personalities of
the babies present, ambient temperature, time of day, noise levels, air
quality--all the many things that can get a baby's attention in a
negative way.

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+