POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? : Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?
From: andrel
Date: 9 Dec 2007 18:28:25
Message: <475C7A1C.1090906@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:

>>>   I have hard time figuring out how that is even possible...
>
>> Stepkids.
>
>   Hmm, I still find it a bit paradoxical to say "I have no son/daughter,
> but I have a grandson".
>
>   Is the son of a stepchild considered more familial than the stepchild?-)

Depends on the age of the stepchild, I guess. If you raise it from a
very early stage it feels like your own kid. If, like me, you first meet
it when it more or less already left home and started an independent
life, you don't develop a parent/child relation. OTOH I have seen Younes
grow up, so we do have a grandfather/grandchild relation.