POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? : Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?
From: andrel
Date: 9 Dec 2007 17:44:25
Message: <475C6FCB.8020909@hotmail.com>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 06:39:36 -0500, Warp wrote:
>
>> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> I am not an expert (no kids myself and only one grandson)
>>   I have hard time figuring out how that is even possible...
>
> Stepkids.
>
> I have a stepson, no kids of my own, though.  Over the years, I've been
> more of a father than his biological father (who has finally started
> taking an interest again - now that Ken's 20 and he's off the hook
> financially for child support etc), but when Ken has a child, that child
> will likely identify me as their grandparent, even though biologically
> it's not the case.
>
> That's the only way I can work it out for Andrel.

Correct. I though I told that story already a couple of times. Either
that made me not repeat it again or the fact that it has become
completely normal to me, so I don't notice anymore it is somewhat
strange. In my case we still have a reasonable relation with the father
of my daughter. I met her when she was about 18 or so, so I did not see
her growing up. My grandson is now 4 years old, and stays one or more
days a week with us. He is my first experience with growing up children.