POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store. : Re: Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store.
From: Warp
Date: 7 Dec 2007 20:40:58
Message: <4759f62a@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:
> While I was at my local Wal-mart, they had some HDTV's hooked up, being fed
> from some common source.  The STUPID thing, was that they were all sharing
> some highly compressed video feed.  Artifacts were horrible.  It was better
> than YouTube quality, but worse than standard analog TV.  I couldn't figure
> any reason that they would be showing a demo video that made all their
> HDTV's look like junk.  Incompetence can be funny, I guess...

  One would assume that since they had HDTVs, they would also have bluray
or hddvd players and discs. One could also assume that at least some HDTV,
bluray or hddvd manufacturer would have some kind of demo disc for the
exact purpose of demonstrating what their device is capable of, and which
shops could use for this purpose (that is, in case the shop cannot show
some movie disc or HDTV broadcast because of copyright issues).

  I suppose either that was not the case, or they were just incompetent
and the nephew of the boss put some crappy wmv to play in those HDTVs...

--
                                                          - Warp