POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why??? : Re: Why??? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why???
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Dec 2007 10:44:31
Message: <47596a5f$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>> Of course, The Real WTF is that they're asking you to check stuff over a
>> few days before it goes live. ;-)
>
> Actually I prefer that to the alternative: finding the mess in production
> next week when someone complains.

True. But finding out 2 weeks ago would have been even better, no?

> My boss had no reason to suspect that anything was wrong. He asked me to
> check a couple scripts just to make him happy. He's now very unhappy. *g*

Ah, but can your boss actually do anything about this mess? That's the
crucial question... ;-)

>> Me: "Every determinent is a candidate key."
>
> My colleagues think it's strange that I can list, from memory, the
> requirements for each normal form, some 10 years after university. They
> think its even stranger that I can look at a table and tell in a couple
> seconds what normal form its in.

Yeah, cos after all, it's not like normal form is *important* or
anything, is it?

*weeps softly in the corner*

By the way... what *is* 4th normal form?

(I was one of the few people in the class who could understand the
normal forms - and why they matter - but we never looked at anything
above BCNF.)