POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why??? : Re: Why??? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why???
From: scott
Date: 7 Dec 2007 07:41:55
Message: <47593f93@news.povray.org>
> OK, I rephrase: *I* wouldn't presume to know about structural engineering.
> ;-)

But, like with a lot of subjects, most people think they know the basics.
Like if I told you that your new server room could only take 3 servers
otherwise the floor would break, you would probably suggest that I made the
floor stronger... If I then said this was not possible due to X, you (ok,
not you personally) would either let it go or get angry and tell me to make
the floor stronger as it *must* be possible.  You might then start to look
at the details yourself and see if some beam could be made larger, you might
even demand that I put in this bigger beam instead.

Then when the walls below collapse due to increased weight of the servers
and the bigger beams you'll blame me :-)