POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store. : Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Displaced colors on flatscreen monitors on display in the store.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 7 Dec 2007 06:38:10
Message: <475930a2@news.povray.org>
I spent 5 minutes shopping for flatscreen monitors at a large electronics
store.  About 8 monitors where showing the same ad, which was a mixture of
still photos, vector based text, and movies.

Funny thing is that many of them seemed to be suffering from a color
displacement: it looked like the reds were 2 mm off, at least when showing
some stills.

Should I avoid such a brand where this happens EVER, or could it be an
electronic artifact in how an error in color shift occurs because of
sharing or splitting the output too many times?