POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why??? : Re: Why??? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why???
From: scott
Date: 7 Dec 2007 02:39:48
Message: <4758f8c4$1@news.povray.org>
> Probably a business head set the date and no one had the
> guts or authority to overrule. Or more likely the business head set a
> date,
> the project manager said fine and no one ever consulted the developers.
> That's happening far too often

Yep, that happens here too.  The "project manager" often doesn't know enough
about the details of the project, and will agree things with their boss and
our customers without even consulting the people underneath.  Then we get
all sorts of problems later, both due to lack of time and struggling to meet
the agreed performance.  Does get people to work hard though mind you ;-)