17 Oct 2024 04:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Dec 2007 18:24:58
Message: <475884ca$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Now, don't you think it's too egoistical of your part, like a stubborn child, to
> demand that God provides a particular show for your own enjoyment to restabilish
> your faith?

Or, to look at it another way:

I have faith that the chair you're sitting in right now doesn't really
exist. What evidence would convince you I'm right?

Don't you think you're rather egotistical to ask for the non-existence
of your chair to be *proven* beyond a *doubt*? Do you think it's
unreasonable to expect something rather miraculous and unexplainable to
give evidence that the chair you're sitting in doesn't exist?

If you *start* with the premise that I *don't* believe, then no, it's
not egotistical at all. Any more than it's unreasonable for you to
demand extraordinary proof that the chair you're sitting in doesn't
actually exist.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it