POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VBA (Very Bad Answer?) : Re: VBA (Very Bad Answer?) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VBA (Very Bad Answer?)
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Dec 2007 14:25:11
Message: <47584c97$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> (That's what Office 97 had.)

Actually, Office 97 had a way for a macro to turn on the "don't disallow
macros" flag. A true security cluster-fk. Like, huh? Disallow macros,
unless the macro with the malware in it says to allow macros?

> (By default they install VBA but not the tools apparently necessary to
> actually enable it to run.

No. The tools to let it run, but not the tools to make new macros. Just
like having by default a Java VM runtime installed without installing
the Java compiler.

> I wonder - how do you develop new code if it's always disabled until you
> sign it?

The same way you develop new code if it's always unrunnable until you
compile it.

> (And - one hopes - every time you change it this invalidates
> the signature...)

Yes. That's the point of it.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)