POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game Engines : Re: Game Engines Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game Engines
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Dec 2007 13:48:26
Message: <475843fa$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> Let's see a toggle between a 'return fire' and 'shoot on contact' stance
> with 'advance' 'retreat' and 'go there' buttons. For a console easily
> mapped to the directional buttons, if the AI is good enough to use cover
> and has adequate path-finding that'd do me.

If they're just there helping you to kill baddies, yah.  When you get
into things like "bridge this gap with that plank" or "use your rocket
launcher on that door", I can see it getting as complicated as any other
character interaction.

Or how about "Stay here and cover me" or "lay down suppressing fire"? :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it