17 Oct 2024 00:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Warp
Date: 6 Dec 2007 08:49:35
Message: <4757fdef@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> Or, as one fictional character phrased it:

> You can't use logic on religious people, if you could, there wouldn't be
> any religious people. -Dr. Gregory House

  I think that's a prime example of flawed atheist thinking. It strongly
makes the assumption that:

1) All religious people who believe in God are unable to think rationally
   and logically.

2) No rational person who things logically and scientifically can seriously
   believe in God.

  There's also the less direct assumption that:

3) Any logical-sounding statement defending religion made by a religious
   person must be flawed. It's not possible to approach religion in any
   logical and rational way. Religion always equals irrationality and
   illogical thinking.

  Of course in a very "scientifical" way all atheists have plenty of
"proof" of this. They just have to say something like "look at all those
ID people and their 'logical' arguments". This, naturally, proves that
*all* religious people use flawed argumentation and are unable to think
truely logically and rationally.

  Usually atheist thinking also has strong prejudices, like:

4) Any religious person telling something in defense of religion in a
   calm and rational way is trying to convince me that God exists and
   that his religion is the truth, and thus I must fight against him
   with counterargumentation.

  It seems impossible for some people to grasp the concept of a completely
normal, intelligent and rational person, perhaps one with a degree in a
scientific area of expertise, talking about something like religion in a
more or less philosophical way, without trying to "convert" anyone to his
religion. "He is defending his own religion" always equals "he is trying
to convert me into his religion, I must fight back".

--
                                                          - Warp