POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - : Re: stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stop the ride -
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Dec 2007 17:52:57
Message: <47572bc9$1@news.povray.org>

news: 4755de2c$1@news.povray.org...
> Well, I stand corrected; the only cases of human-induced *mass starvation*
> occurred in nations claiming to follow some form of Marxism.

See the British blockade of Germany in WW1
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/firstworldwar/spotlights/blockade.htm

Another example would be the mass starvation in North Vietnam in 1945 (1
million dead), caused by a combination of bad rice harvest, widespread food
pillaging by the Japanese occupation forces and the US blockade.

G.