16 Oct 2024 18:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Dec 2007 11:14:28
Message: <4756ce64$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:09:04 -0500, Warp wrote:

> The vast majority of people who otherwise are logical and rational
> become irrationally fanatic when the topic is religion.

I think "exasperated" is the word you're looking for here, Warp.

Those of us who fit that "otherwise logical and rational" description get
frustrated when the counter to logical and rational points is "because
God said so" or "because God made it so" or "Because it's God's will".

That doesn't leave room for logical or rational debate, leads to
frustration, and ultimately is going to result in a facetious comment
being made.

Logically, rationally, the next step for the religious fanatic is to come
back and say "Gee, where's your logic now?", which is quite infuriating.

Jim