POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : povray rendering in the news. : Re: povray rendering in the news. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray rendering in the news.
From: Warp
Date: 4 Dec 2007 19:21:04
Message: <4755eef0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   In my computer it takes something a half an hour.

  It seems that pov3.7 has currently a benchmark scene which is different
from the one in pov3.6, and which renders much faster (9 minutes in my
computer).

  Given that this is the wrong direction for a benchmark, I have been
thinking about the idea of creating a completely new benchmark scene
for pov3.7 which would again keep rendering times comparable at a relatively
high resolution.

--
                                                          - Warp