16 Oct 2024 14:44:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 4 Dec 2007 05:17:32
Message: <4755293c$1@news.povray.org>
> I already granted that I was reading an English translation and therefore
> was several steps removed. That "kill" isn't what it says in the old
> testament isn't really the point - the point is that Jesus, for example,
> can't reasonably be said to provide context for the meaning of the ten
> commandments, nor can Pope John Paul III, or etc etc etc.

Matthew 22:34-40
But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees,
they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question,
testing Him, and saying, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment
in the law?" Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God
with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is
the
first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love
your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the
Law and the Prophets."