POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere : Re: It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It misses my home, and maps a private residence elsewhere
From: Alain
Date: 3 Dec 2007 23:35:43
Message: <4754d91f$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/03 12:48:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:15:41 -0500, Alain wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/02 14:27:
>>> For me, this says I'm in Denver.  I'm in Salt Lake City.
>>>
>>> Must be based on geolocating your IP address; most of the geocoding
>>> that takes place will use the ISP's location because that's something
>>> that can be looked up in Whois.
>>>
>>> Jim
>> In that case, it would place me in Toronto. The location I get have NO
>> relationship to the location associated with my IP or the location of my
>> ISP's two places of business.
>
> Interesting; you don't happen to be an Alain that I know and have worked
> with?
Don't think so.

> Do the names "Spark National" or "Finnitech" have meaning to you?
Not at all.

> Jim
Looking at canada411.com, I get 86 Alain Martel... 4 in Montreal.
Once, I was in a place with 2 others who had my name, it was prety confusing.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you prefer bald romatic partners,