POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : User-friendly software : Re: User-friendly software Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: User-friendly software
From: andrel
Date: 3 Dec 2007 06:22:29
Message: <4753E6F6.9090600@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:
> I was asked a simple question. One of our project managers has broken
> her shoulder. (Something to do with a horseracing accident...) So our
> lab manager wanted to be able to access her mailbox.
did you check she really had broken her shoulder and that she gave
permission to open her mailbox?

[snip]

> Tools > E-mail settings > View > Next > Change... > More Settings >
> Advanced > Add...
>
> Gotta love the multiple layers of "yes, I want MORE settings" and "yes,
> I want the ADVANCED settings". Damn, ever get the impression this
> software is designed to be operated by 1,000 monkeys trying to write
> Shakespear?
I guess they designed it such that even those 1000 monkeys (or cleaners
or dancing cats) would not do that accidentally. The change of that is
exponential in the number of clicks. So to be save you need such a lot
of levels.