POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Auto-skipping in WinXP? : Re: Auto-skipping in WinXP? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto-skipping in WinXP?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Dec 2007 19:41:43
Message: <475350c7@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:06:05 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> *Apart* from cygwin, I have gnuwin32 tools on my PATH, so I actually
> type ls on the Windows command prompt and it works. Then when I'm
> removing malware from friends' computers over VNC (I do that often,
> sigh), I do the following:

Ah, now I hadn't even considered using the gnuwin32 tools (just because I
so rarely use Windows anymore - in VMware when I need it, natively on one
machine if I want to extract video from my DVR (because there's no
current Linux analogue that I've found) and that machine runs Linux
natively 99% of the time, and my kid's machine because he likes using the
latest Windows games.

Was a time when I had a machine that ran Windows natively pretty
constantly, but it's been several years since that machine was Windows-
only. :-)

But I'll definitely check out the gnuwin32 tools for my VM - that'll be
very handy. :-)

Jim