POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of Linux keys : Re: Speaking of Linux keys Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of Linux keys
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2007 16:11:39
Message: <47531f8b@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22k-menu%22+kde+shortcut+key
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/linux-shortcut-keys-369859/

I think the term "k-menu" was what I was missing before. OK. Thanks.

>> Also, what's the command-line command to log out of a KDE session?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=kde+logout+command-line
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=116284415724079&w=2

The only advice I could ever find was basically "kill all X servers
using Killall". Which is kind of a bad idea if you have multiple people
using X.  Perhaps this dcop command-line thing is new.

>> (Also, why doesn't startx actually exit reliably when you log out of
>> KDE back to runlevel 3? :-)
>
> Driver/resolution issue?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=startx+logout+kde+%22runlevel+3%22
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=14779

Not the problem. It comes back to the screen fine, and prints a bunch of
error messages. I just have to hit control-C to get the prompt back.
Then things work OK. (Pretty sure I can even restart startx.)  It just
doesn't finish exiting, is all.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it