POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of Linux keys : Re: Speaking of Linux keys Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of Linux keys
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Dec 2007 15:35:56
Message: <4753172c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:19:33 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Any idea what button it is that'll open the "start menu" in KDE? That's
> the only one I've had a hard time figuring out.  (Some of our servers
> don't have mice on them, and I occasionally wind up in X on them.) I'm
> actually kind of surprised it's not mapped to the Windows key by
> default.

What version of KDE?  I know that I've seen that it's mapped in GNOME
(though oddly at the moment, that doesn't seem to be working for me here
- ALT+F1 does, though, maybe that'll work in KDE as well - I hit that
every once in a while by mistake when hitting ALT-F2 to launch a program
- the GNOME equivalent of Start->Run in Windows)

> Also, what's the command-line command to log out of a KDE session?

Dunno if there is one - GNOME user that I am. :-)

> (Also, why doesn't startx actually exit reliably when you log out of KDE
> back to runlevel 3? :-)

That seems to depend on the video card.  I have no problems with this on
my system with an nVidia card in it, but the ATI drivers have always been
problematic for some reason.