POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Does anybody know this? : Re: Does anybody know this? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anybody know this?
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2007 15:07:51
Message: <47531097$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I'd think that'd be true for pretty much any language, though - even Ada.

Actually, no. It has an explicit construct for catching interrupts by
invoking a routine. (The routine would be in what Java calls a
synchronized class.)  You specify the priority of the interrupt, and
which interrupt it is, and all that.  I am not sure you can actually say
what registers wind up in which arguments within the language, granted. :-)

> But I was thinking along the lines of what you said.

Yeah, but that's still not actually C. That just happens to be knowing
what your particular C compiler outputs for a program that has no
semantics in C. It's really not C any more than inline assembler is. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it