16 Oct 2024 06:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Warp
Date: 2 Dec 2007 11:55:34
Message: <4752e385@news.povray.org>
> If the latter, it's nonsensical to say that religious people are more
> moral or kinder or whatever than areligious people.

  That depends on the definition of morality. Who says your definition is
better than someone else's?

> If you're going to take something as clear as most of the comandments
> are, and add interpretations and exceptions, then the religion stops
> having anything to do with it.

  In your opinion religion cannot have generic rules with exceptions,
in the exact same way as for example constitutions and penal laws have?
Religion can only have absolutes?

> Just like if you're going to make excuses for God punishing the serpent

  Excuses? I don't understand. Someone made something evil and he was
punished. Why does that need some excuse?

> [*] That whole tree-of-knowledge bit was really one giant cock-up,
> showing just how evil JHVH really is

  Just because you don't understand what it means doesn't necessarily
mean that it's not logical or fair in the original context. The text
is not even intended to be a scientifically accurate description of
anything.

--
                                                          - Warp