POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 20 years of video game water effects : Re: 20 years of video game water effects Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 20 years of video game water effects
From: Alain
Date: 2 Dec 2007 10:38:34
Message: <4752d17a@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/01 12:29:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=622718&entity_id=-1&image_id=741106&page=1

> Mildly interesting. Cool to see when everyone decided you could make it
> *transparent*!  :-)

Earliest transparent in the galery: 2001. Earliest I have is from 2000.
TreadMarks feature transparent water, as well as a landscape that you can alter:
you can dig craters or create hils.

--
Alain
   My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.