POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray internal gamma handling : Re: Pov-Ray internal gamma handling Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray internal gamma handling
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Dec 2007 08:52:40
Message: <4752b8a8$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02.12.2007 13:41, JetRacer nous fit lire :
>> You seem rather confused about the subject of gamma correction.
>
> This has ZERO relevance to gamma CORRECTION; I wrote the exact phrase "gamma
> HANDLING" specificly to reflect that.

Strong voice will not give you anything here.

> The second one admits that image data is not linear one must also accept the
> fact that image processing requires import/export convertion.

First, go looking at the code, and learn about PNG file format.
Next, before exposing your great universal purpose on our dumb heads,
take the time to ask real questions and check the opinions of others
on the subject.

Last... here a trouser and a shirt for you.

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.