16 Oct 2024 04:07:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Dec 2007 12:37:07
Message: <47519bc3$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> of it, when one of the most basic principles of religions is
> ***supposed*** to be that it tries to stop people from doing this crap,

I think that's the basic fallacy right there.  Religion has nothing to
do with *what* morals you have.

If your God or Gods tells you to slay people, that's what you do. Go
read the Old Testament, where the Jews torched entire cities and
committed genocide at the bequest of JHVH.

Many modern people *say* their religion is one of peace and kindness,
but to a large extent, it really isn't. And certainly it's not true that
religion, in general, is supposed to make you nice. Every monotheistic
religion I know of has the prime directive of obedience, not kindness.
If you have the choice of kindness or obedience, you're supposed to pick
obedience.  (Or, as one of my friends put it, "Sure, Jews are the chosen
people. That's not really a *good* thing.")

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it