POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A painful mystery : A painful mystery Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  A painful mystery
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 1 Dec 2007 06:43:48
Message: <475148f4$1@news.povray.org>
When I woke on Thursday morning, I was aware of having a really rather
stiff neck. It turns to turn my head to either side. And I have no idea why.

On Friday morning, it got a little better. It didn't hurt as much then.

On Friday night, I finally took some painkillers. And mum made me do
some washing up.

This morning, I woke up and discovered that my left shoulder is now in
absolute agony. I mean, on Thursday my neck was a bit stiff, but
*nothing* like this. Each time I move in a certain way, I get sharp
stabbing pains in my left shoulder. (Not my neck, my shoulder now.)

And it's not even when I move my left arm. When I swallow liquid my
shoulder hurts. When I left my right knee to take a step, my shoulder
hurts. When I turn my hips, my shoulder hurts. And yet, I can actually
still lift moderately heavy items with my left arm without any pain at
all. WTF?

Several questions immediately spring to mind:

1. Why the hell was my neck stiff in the first place?

2. Why has my shoulder suddenly started hurting when it was getting
better before?

3. Why does moving parts of my body unrelated to my shoulder make my
shoulder hurt?

4. How can I find a position where my shoulder stops hurting?

5. What can I do to make it heal faster?