POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Euler : Re: Project Euler metadiscussion Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Euler metadiscussion
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Nov 2007 09:24:32
Message: <474d7a20$1@news.povray.org>
Currently for each problem, you either get the answer right or you get
it wrong. I think it would be nice if you could check intermediate parts
of the calculation. (E.g., is 103 a prime number? Is 187 an abundant
number? etc.)

On the other hand, I suppose they don't want to give too much data away,
otherwise you could just "solve" the problem by asking the Project Euler
website a sufficient number of questions. ;-)

Currently it seems the "ratings" are simply based on what fraction of
the problems you've solved. I think it would be nice if I get a bigger
score for solving problems that few other people have solved.

I'd kinda like to make my own website like Project Euler. However, I had
a look, and to get hosting that gives you server-side scripting and a
database is 5x the price of what I'm currently paying. :-S I can't
really afford that kind of money...

I suppose the alternative is to set up a Linux box in my house and host
a website from there [again]. But it's rather annoying when you're
playing a clan match and suddenly somebody hits your website and you
can't play properly any more. :-S