POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Held onto it for over 15 years -- for NOTHING! : Re: Held onto it for over 15 years -- for NOTHING! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Held onto it for over 15 years -- for NOTHING!
From: Shay
Date: 27 Nov 2007 18:37:29
Message: <474caa39$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
 > it's a good book.

Perhaps, and I do have a lot in common with what I know of the main
character - though I dropped out a LOT further than he did. I enjoyed
that time in my life, but I feel kind of "been there, done that" about
the whole thing.

I imagine this book is very popular with the sexually obsessed - those
who view adolescence as the greatest time in life because adolescence is
the most sexually focused. These are the same people who look down their
noses at Houston because the sexual opportunities here (for affluent,
Caucasian liberals) are not as obvious or frequent as those in "cooler"
cities. I believe this is the type who choose "The Classics."

Similarly, I was at my niece's 13th b-day party recently and saw that my
niece and her friends were listening to the Violent Femmes, a band who
put out ONE album in the early 80s and have been milking it ever since.
Reasonably catchy music, but the only reason it's survived to this day
is that, in 1983, kids like myself were titillated by the word "fu**" in
the band's most popular song - a "Classic" was born.

  -Shay