POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : gathering infos from web pages : Re: gathering infos from web pages Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gathering infos from web pages
From: Ross
Date: 26 Nov 2007 15:17:29
Message: <474b29d9$1@news.povray.org>
news:47444787$1@news.povray.org...
> Fa3ien wrote:
>
> >> Obviously I recommend Haskell for this task - and, obviously, you're
> >> going to say no. ;-)
> >
> > How did you guess ?
>
> Mmm, because everybody hates Haskell? ;-)
>
> >> That being the case, I'm pretty confident that Perl / Python / Ruby /
> >> Tcl / any of those hackish scripting languages will have a library
> >> that makes this reasonably easy.
> >
> > I'm tempted to get a hand on Ruby, for various reasons. Maybe I can
> > do it in Lisp... At first, I rejected the idea because it would
> > need AutoCAD, but, no, there might be some free LISP intepreter,
> > I should check.
>
> I'm pretty sure I looked into this myself, and found that there are
> indeed free Common Lisp interpreters out there.

Most are compilers these modern days, in an interactive environment. Anyway,
try out SBCL, CLisp, or OpenMCL depending on your platform.
http://gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/ for a nice package of several
distribution.

> (And there's always emacs... bahahaha!)

emacs has elisp, a viable lisp dialect. not sure where the humor is, emacs
is one of the most robust peices of end user software. guess what it's
written in...

It's so hard to ignore the troll.