POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No graphical interface in GNOME : Re: No graphical interface in GNOME Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No graphical interface in GNOME
From: Timothy Groves
Date: 26 Nov 2007 06:29:39
Message: <474aae23@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

>> Will I have to do without that on Linux?
>
> Not at all.  turn on povray's preview mode +D on the command-line and be sure to
> learn vim for a much more powerful and featureful general purpose text editing.

You can also use nedit (www.nedit.org), which is easier to use, and can
call POV from a shell command that can be bound to a single keystroke.
Send me an eMail off-list, and I'll send you my scripts and syntax
highlighting for it.  It is a much easier (I can't say better, as I am
not familiar with vim) solution.