POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - : Re: stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stop the ride -
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 25 Nov 2007 03:02:33
Message: <47492c19$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> I think there is something far more difficult than solving world hunger.
>
> Take over the most deadly nation in the world, dance on its constitution with
> corrupt law, ignore their rights, render congress irrelevant by veto and
> install a complete idiot as a puppet president.
> (I'd go on but the truth is far too, I said I'd not go on)
>
> Oh wait that’s been done. I rest my case.

Done by people who, I suspect you would believe, are driven only by
greed and a lust for power and money and fueled by a control of the
media and a good deal of cash. So, why then does no one counter that
with a group of people driven by a want to do what they think is right
at the sacrifice of their own time and money? Oh, that group is too busy
dealing with straw man arguments.

You asked why it wasn't done already, I gave you some logistical
problems that need solutions. Instead of looking at them, you start
bashing a puppet that wasn't even a part of the argument. Frankly, stuff
like that is why political supporters on both sides can continue to
scream about the 'opponents side' being unable to argue.

Why, then, do you believe that solving world hunger is such an easy
problem to solve, and why then do you not do it your self? Stop waiting
for someone else to fix it, get up, raise some money, and solve the
problem. Pure idealism is great, but you need to do something with it
other then just talking about it.