POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition : Re: Short code competition Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition
From: Alain
Date: 24 Nov 2007 10:49:12
Message: <474847f8$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/23 20:39:
>> Is 256 bytes too difficult? If I increased it I wouldn't want to increase it by
>> much, say to 300 bytes?
>
> why 256 in the first place?  I thought it was symbolic for 2^8.  300 is not a
> power of 2.  The next in line would be 2^9 = 512!  holly joy! :D
>
> BTW, if it's an animation precious code would be wasted trying to move the
> camera in dramatic ways.  or will you be in charge of that?

Who said that you had to move the camera? Move the scene NOT the camera, it's
more compact. There are LOTS of other way you can do animations without ever
having to move the camera.
Like an isosurface morphing, or a julia fractal with a rotating or shifting
intersection "plane". Orbiting objects. Bouncing objects...

--
Alain
How come we choose from just two people to run for President and over fifty for