POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blur modifier : Re: Blur modifier Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blur modifier
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 Nov 2007 02:25:50
Message: <4747d1fe@news.povray.org>
Leroy wrote:
> Couldn't you use the average of a pigment with its copy slightly moved?
> Come to think of it, you could use any number of copies all moved
> differently.

That's what I do.  I average a 2x2 to 8x8 copy of the pigment, depending
on the requirements of the image.  For some projects I've made a blurred
image from the regular image and used that as the pigment.

I've also experimented with setting the anti-aliasing level to 4x4
samples per pixel, a threshold of zero, and jitter set to one.  This
takes a bit of time (but not too much), and allows certain other
settings (such as area lights) to be set to lower levels and still
achieve the same quality.

Regards,
John