POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blur modifier : Blur modifier Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Blur modifier
From: FlyerX
Date: 23 Nov 2007 21:59:47
Message: <474793a3$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way of producing blur effects on a pigment
(procedural or image map). I have been playing with the turbulence warp
and got close results using the code below with image maps.

warp{
          turbulence <0.5,0.5,0.5>*0.005
          octaves 6
          omega 1.5
          lambda 50
         }

Unfortunately it requires quite a strong anti-aliasing setting for
acceptable results. It works better if colors are not too dissimilar. I
know that for image maps I can take it into a graphics editor and blur
the image but I would like to know if there is a proven method of
blurring pigments that can be done within POV-Ray. Specially if the
pigment is procedural.

Other variations of the warp above are useful for weathering effects on
pigments.

later,

FlyerX