POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Possible new features? : Re: Possible new features? Server Time
20 May 2024 05:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible new features?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 23 Nov 2007 20:56:40
Message: <474784d8$1@news.povray.org>

>> 4)Realtime preview.
>
> As long as POV lacks a GUI editor, this one remains problematic.  OTOH, a button
> next to the "Render" button that launches a Q5 render, or something like that,
> could be useful.
>
> In fact, along with such a button, the ability to query the current quality
> level (+Q from the command line) would be useful for scenes.  I already do all
> kinds of LOD anyway; linking it to the current +Q option would make this
> feature much more useful for me.

+Q0 is still slow for many scenes, and you can't do things like rotating
the camera around the scene with a good framerate.

My ideal POV-Ray GUI is: a text editor and a live GPU-rendered preview.
Probably with the ability to move the camera with mouse and/or keyboard.
But I definitely don't need to click on objects.