POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : gathering infos from web pages : Re: gathering infos from web pages Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gathering infos from web pages
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Nov 2007 11:42:10
Message: <474702e2$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Are you calling mysql_free_result? :)

Actually, I think the problem was that I was reading a CSV file and
outputting SQL text that I'd later "mysql <xyz.sql" sort of thing.

> "mysql_free_result() only needs to be called if you are concerned about
> how much memory is being used for queries that return large result sets.
> All associated result memory is automatically freed *at the end of the
> script's execution*." (emphasis mine)

I'm pretty sure the problem is that local variables weren't getting
freed. Nothing to do with actual mysql accesses.  I'll see if I still
have the original code and see what it's doing that might have been leaking.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it