POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : Re: Yet more problems Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more problems
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Nov 2007 06:47:29
Message: <4746bdd1$1@news.povray.org>
I have now reached the point where I wish I'd never ever touched Word.
This is getting ridiculous!

I'm trying to edit two documents. One is a report template from HQ.
(Note that it's not an *actual* Word template, it's just a normal Word
document with lots of text you're supposed to edit.) The other is a set
of test scripts.

Both are now utterly buggy. Any attempt to do any kind of formatting
produces wildly unpredictable results. For example, I press the button
for bullet list and I get a level 3 heading (??!?). Or I press the
button for Bold text and I get a checkbox list.

(Interestingly, the checkbox list style was in that template I deleted.
Yet this style keeps magically coming back to life in every new document
I start... I can't get rid of it!)

I wish I'd never started with this whole thing. I have mere days to get
these documents finalised, and I just...can't...make...Word...work!!

Man, as if the documents themselves weren't challenging enough...