POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar : Re: bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bluray and pixar
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 22 Nov 2007 11:35:07
Message: <4745afbb$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> That's interesting. I was in some shop the other day, and they had a
> huge LCD with "HD Ready" splashed all over it, and huge cardboard signs
> saying "WOW! LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!" And I remember thinking "...I
> can't see any difference."

	There's a big difference - the folks in the shop probably had not set
it up correctly, or something.

	What I've disliked about big HDTV's is that regular channels, DVDs, etc
can tend to look quite poor on them. This is _not_ in comparison to
looking at HDTV feeds. Probably just because the TV's I saw were quite
big (in inches), so you could easily see all the flaws of regular TV
shows...

--
"Honey, answer the phone."  "Okay.  BaRRING! BRRNG! BaRR"

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl