POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : gathering infos from web pages : Re: gathering infos from web pages Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gathering infos from web pages
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Nov 2007 09:12:03
Message: <47458e33$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Btw, I always wonder why it seems that 100% of people out there who
> use a shell use bash. I know it's because it's (for whatever reason)
> the default shell in all linux distros, but I just can't understand
> what's so great about bash.
>
>   Personally I use zsh and there are so many handy features which I can't
> find in bash that I really don't understand the popularity of the latter.
> Bash isn't even 100% sh-compatible.

I don't understand why 60% of the packages on the Haskell package site
use bash scripts as part of their installation process. (As you can
probably anticipate, this means that you can't install those on
Windoze.) It's actually rather annoying... We develop a powerful
cross-platform high-level programming langauge, and people insist on
using bash scripts. Gah! >_<