POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar : Re: bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bluray and pixar
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Nov 2007 07:36:17
Message: <474577c1$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> "only".  What resolution do run your desktop in?  Now imagine
>>> dividing that by 4.  It wouldn't be pretty...
>>
>> As far as I know, a normal TV operates at something like 300x200 or
>> so. That means that 4x would only be 600x400 - still extremely low.
>
> The shorts I watched last night were 1920x1080 resolution...

Interesting. My PC monitor doesn't go that high. (!)

Must take some serious MPEG compression to fit that onto a disk - even a
bluray disk has only finite storage capacity.

>> (I remember I once plugged my laptop into the TV because we didn't own
>> a DVD player. The Windows desktop was... unreadable.)
>
> If you buy a 1080p TV though, that means that it is 1920x1080
> resolution. If you plug your PC into it (either by DVI->HDMI or analog
> VGA) and set your PC to a 1920x1080 screen mode it will look perfect.

My laptop doesn't go that high. ;-)

(Also, it has only VGA and S-Video output. I managed to find an S-Video
to SCART converter, which allows me to connect to the TV.)