POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guess the algorithm : Re: Guess the algorithm Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guess the algorithm
From: scott
Date: 22 Nov 2007 02:50:19
Message: <474534bb@news.povray.org>
>> How about this?
>>
>> Thought I'd have a play about at lunch and this is the best I came up
>> with (the black hole is a weird error due to a too low max_gradient).
>>

> There are other tiny black holes at the back.

Yeh, they're all max_gradient errors.  I was using 1 during testing, but
even upping it to (IIRC) 5 in the final render they were still there.

> Can you easily get a path through the tunnels, for example to move the
> camera through it? :)

Yep, I would just choose one of tunnels and move the camera along the centre
line, should work assuming no huge noise part overlaps the centre of the
tunnel.  A better way would be to find the maximum value of the isosurface
at each xy slice and put the camera there.

> How long did the render take?

About 20 mins, but a smaller one with less AA and lower max_gradient should
be way quicker.