POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : gathering infos from web pages : Re: gathering infos from web pages Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gathering infos from web pages
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 21 Nov 2007 12:17:25
Message: <47446825@news.povray.org>

> As long as you start a new process for each page, you'll be OK. From
> what I can tell, PHP never, ever deallocates memory.  Try walking thru
> and processing a 600-megaline database table in CLI PHP, and you'll
> regret it.

I never had any problem with that, I let my spam-delete.php running for
more than 24 hours and its memory usage didn't grow.

Are you calling mysql_free_result? :)

"mysql_free_result() only needs to be called if you are concerned about
how much memory is being used for queries that return large result sets.
All associated result memory is automatically freed *at the end of the
script's execution*." (emphasis mine)