POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : Re: It's Word again Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's Word again
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Nov 2007 10:51:59
Message: <4744541f$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Right click on the item you want to be 1 (and is showing as 5 or
> whatever) select Bullets and Numbering then Restart Numbering.

Approximately 50% of the time, that particular box is disabled.

It's also on the context menu; sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it
resets the *next* item to 1 (*not* the item I clicked), and sometimes it
actually does exactly what I want.

> However remember if you have two numbered lists and move items from one
> to the other it retains the original list's identity, they're linked so:
>
> Does that make any sense?

Not really, no.

However, since every page is virtually identical and I created them all
with a large cut and paste operation, presumably it is now impossible to
unlink them and restore deterministic behaviour?

Anyway, I just finished downloading MiKTeX. I'm going to write the
****ing test plan with LaTeX. At least that knows how to number things
consistently. (Not to mention I don't have to spend 20 minutes tweaking
the spacing to get a reasonably printout.)