POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 21 Nov 2007 10:03:36
Message: <474448c8@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Stephen wrote:
>> Yes vodka has a taste, try it straight up, straight from the freezer.
>> Also there are varieties of vodka flavoured with herbs. It is subtle,
>> though.
>
> Of course... the flavored vodkas. They have to infuse it with something to
> give it some taste.

Whether considered flavoured or not, I use Smirnoff.   That's it.  Adds some
sharpish bitterness back to the tonic water, which too often is muffled by
being sweetened, a stupid manufacturer's practice that masks the whole point
of quinine's own dry bitter-sweetness.

Food and bev manufacturers of all kinds need a bloody good bust around the
chops, because it seems almost all of them refuse to sell any food to you
without first dousing it in sugar (or artificial substitutes) and/or fat.

But they're remarkably honest and virtuous when making pet food.

Uh-oh, "change of subject".  Move on folks, nothing to see here.