POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : It's Word again Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  It's Word again
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Nov 2007 10:02:32
Message: <47444888$1@news.povray.org>
This probably isn't news to you, but... numbered lists seem to be
spectacularly broken in Word 2003.

I mean, sure, they were always a little quirky in Word 97. But now I've
upgraded to Word 2003, it seems just downright *broken*. I've got a
couple of pages, each one with a numbered list on it. And I point-blank
*cannot* make each such list start counting from 1.

I can make *some* of them count from 1, but then that makes the others
reset to start counting from where it left off. Or, sometimes, makes
them start counting from some seemingly arbitrary number like 138.

What in the name of God...?

Seriously, is this behaviour "normal" for Word now?