POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : gathering infos from web pages : Re: gathering infos from web pages Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gathering infos from web pages
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Nov 2007 09:08:32
Message: <47443be0$1@news.povray.org>
I would imagine you'll have endless problems trying to get round
security issues if you try to script this from inside a web browser.

My suggestion would be to move to another programming language that has
a HTTP library and try to do the stuff you want from there. It'll
probably be much easier.

Obviously I recommend Haskell for this task - and, obviously, you're
going to say no. ;-) That being the case, I'm pretty confident that Perl
/ Python / Ruby / Tcl / any of those hackish scripting languages will
have a library that makes this reasonably easy.